DC Comics Launches Massive Ad Campaign for 2.99 Titles
Friday, December 24 2010 - News - by: daveomac
CrimsonMonkey.com's resident comic book expert has revealed major plans from the folks at DC & Warner Bros:
With DC Comics' new $2.99 price initiative set to begin in January 2011, DC announces a broad marketing plan to support this innovative program in which all of DC's ongoing, 32-page comics will feature a new cover price of $2.99 US.
This new initiative will be promoted with new, original artwork featuring the heroes of the DC Universe by Ivan Reis and Joe Prado!
Along with the previously announced sales incentives on the January Jumping-On Point titles -- Steel #1 , Batman Beyond #1 , Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #6 , Fables #101 and The Flash #9 - - marketing support for this pricing initiative includes:
• Banner ads on DCComics.com and DiamondComics.com.
• Email blast to the entire DC Comics list.
• Comics Buyer's Guide 2-page spread in the issue arriving in stores on January 12.
• Wizard 2-page spread in the issue in the issue arriving in stores on January 12.
• Comic Shop News - centerspread poster in the issue arriving in stores on January 19.
While it is obvious this announcement was only meant for retailers pre-holiday, it is likely the Warner Bros. promotion department will be pushing this story in the mainstream media come January.
• Special $2.99 call-out on DC Universe covers beginning in February.
• Double-page spread house ads in January in-store DCU titles promoting the $2.99 price point featuring the Ivan Reis artwork.
• 22" x 34" posters - retailers will receive free promotional posters featuring new artwork by Ivan Reis and Joe Prado in quantities equal to their orders for Batman: The Dark Knight #1. DC recommends retailers give them away to customers who buy three or more DCU titles in January and February in any given week, or to readers who purchase the Jumping-On Point titles.
• Watch for the reveal of the poster art coming on DC's The Source blog early in January!
• Shelf talkers featuring DC's "Drawing the Line" logo; 25 to be delivered to each store to be racked with DC titles each week.
• Header cards featuring the DC "Drawing the Line" logo; 25 to be delivered to each store to be racked with DC titles each week.
• The posters, shelf talkers and headers cards are expected to arrive in stores in mid-January.
• Upcoming stories on the DC's The Source blog plus media coverage.
• Promotion on Facebook and Twitter
DC is counting on retailers and fan sites to help spread the word in 2011: They heard you and they're drawing the line at $2.99!
blog comments powered by Disqus